Bacterial vaginitis can be treated more effectively by using natural home remedies than by using antibiotics. Below are some explanations for this.
Firstly, I must make it clear that I am not talking about using an "ad-hoc" collection of remedies which you might have discovered on the internet, but a tried and tested approach which uses cast-iron treatments which are known to be highly effective.
Conventional treatment given out by doctors will be antibiotics and although they can have their uses, these are limited. Antibiotics work by killing off bacteria but the problem with this is twofold; Firstly, antibiotics cannot distinguish between different strains of bacteria so as a result, all bacteria is killed off, including the beneficial strains which normally protect the vagina. Secondly, killing bacteria is only one aspect of treatment for bacterial vaginitis.
To be successful, natural home cures for bacterial vaginitis need to incorporate the following elements:-
* Symptomatic relief
* Elimination of harmful bacteria
* Strengthening the immune system
* Strategies to remove the potential root causes
* Restoration of a healthy pH level
To get you started on the road to recovery, you can try the following recognized natural home cures for bacterial vaginitis. If your symptoms are mild or if this is your first attack, you may find that these are all you need.
* Natural live yogurt is rich in beneficial bacteria. Soak a tampon in it an insert for a couple of hours to kick-start the body's own production
* Tea tree oil is a highly effective antibacterial substance. It can be used in pessary form (available from health food stores) or can be added to a bath in a highly diluted form of say, 10-20 drops in a shallow bath
* Improve your immune system by eating a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and by taking a good all-round nutritional supplement
However, if you have recurrent attacks, or your symptoms are very uncomfortable, it makes sense to use a system which is completely guaranteed to work as if left untreated, BV can cause pelvic inflammatory disease or even infertility.
If you would like to see a range of cast-iron strategies which will eliminate your symptoms immediately and completely eradicate BV for good within 3 days, please visit Natural Home Cures For Bacterial Vaginitis.